Monday, March 7, 2011

Why I am doing this.

On December 7th, 2010, our lives dramatically changed. My husband's 22 year old daughter feeling inadequate as a mother, "gave" us her two children, Vivian - age 2 and Matthew - age 10 months. Talk about being speechless. Our family grew from 3 to 5 overnight. (We have a now 4 year old daughter.)

When we first took on this responsibility we were very unprepared for all that we faced emotionally, spiritually, financially, and mentally. For example, I was unprepared for the anger and guilt I felt. By weeks three and five I was literally questioning my sanity because of severe sleep deprivation. We underestimated how everything would impact our household. We figured the kids and mom had been living with us for seven months, how much different would if be? Extraordinarily different!

From the first minute of this my thoughts were so overwhelmed I could barely comprehend them. I told my husband that this was God's ball to run with. As much as we leaned on God, I felt that I kept fumbling the ball and not hearing the plays.

I found this three part series of devotionals called 'For Such a time as This" After reading the first one I was in tears with relief. The more I meditated on it, the more I felt called to blog about these devotionals. Why keep all this precious wisdom and words to myself when other people have their own situations that these devotions might help. Even if I end up being the only one who reads this, at least I can see my journey, however, since I feel that starting this is God-led, perhaps, by His Grace others can be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment