But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they wil walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:31)
This meditation runs in the same vein as the earlier ones. First I was thinking, another one on strength, how can I write more. Then I realized how we humans sometimes need this repetetive lesson to really learn. Last night Matthew was up seven times! My husband and I almost got into a fight over a middle of the night bottle that we are trying to eliminate. After the first volley I gave up. It wasn't the time for a fight. God gave me comfort and strength not to blow up. My nights and days are in the Lord's hands. Since the kids moved in 4 months ago, Matthew has only slept four nights through. We have only had three nights where all three kids slept through. We have had a lot of nights like last night. Up seven or more times. A co-worker wondered how I did it. I said, it wasn't me. God has been sustaining this sleepless stint for four months. Fo awhile, I felt like my sanity was tenuous because of extreme sleep deprivation. I found these medititations and I realized I wasn't alone, I needn't worry about tomorrow and that God would bear me up because HE never get weary like I do (everyday for a looong time) I make it because HE strengthens me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment