Friday, March 18, 2011

Our only Hope and Help

If the Lord had not been on our side--let Israel say--if the Lord had not been on our side when men attacked us, when their anger flooded against us, they would have swallowed us alive; the food would have engulfed us, the torrent would have swept over us, the waters would have swept us away. Praise be to the Lord, who hass not let us be torn by their teeth. We have escaped like a bird out of the folwer's snare; the snare has been broken, and we have escaped. Our help is in the name of the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. (Psalm 124)

I don't know how many times in the last four months I have said, I can't do this anymore, its too hard, and nobody can help me. i have no place to turn. So this particular meditation hit home, fast. The passage reminded me that there is always help in the God. No matter how big our challange is (right now raising three small children, two who aren't ours, one with emotional difficulties, getting nine reviews prepared (at least 9 hour of work), and getting the Pegasus out, usually 20- 40 hours of work, w/ hubby working all weekend!) God made the heavens and earth! That's a big, big job! I need to remember that with God all things are possible!

Again, I need to be fortified and strengthened EACH day from my God. I CAN do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment