"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tires and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and no grow wery, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:28-31)
One of the things that got my attention first was, God will not grow tired or weary. God doesn't get tired. He can run any race and not fall down, He can endure and hardship and keep going. There is no end to His patience (in the context of hard times). This mean that when I am tired, exhausted and have no hope that I can go on, I can rest in Him. At some point even the yound (and seemingly tireless) will falter. In this faltering God will renew their strength, no the individual themselves, but God! When we depend on God for our strength, we can walk without becoming faint! Wow!
The second thing that got my attention is that God has understanding that we cannot fathom. Whenever we feel alone and that nobody understands, God does. He isn't "shocked" that we have had a feeling that nobody else has experienced before. He understands beyond what we can understand. Another facet of this is that HE understands why we are going through what we are. He is building us up for something we may not ever know about. God is sooooo good.
Lastly, in the commentary in the book, it states that God gives us the strength to only get through today and that we need not worry about tomorrow's troubles, because God will renew us again tomorrow. I found a lot of comfort in this as I tend to be a worrier. one thing in my mind that disputes this a little, is that I think what we go through today strengthens us for our futures. Maybe I am looking to far ahead, looking at the benefit of the strength given me today to offer help for the future and not the act of just getting through the day?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment