Monday, March 14, 2011

Do Heros Faint?

"When my life was ebbing away, I remembered you, Lord." Jonah 2:7)

The words of this meditation talk abut althetes that pull down within themselves and find an inner reserve to pull out the win. This was directly contradictory to the first mediation, which talked about how that reserve can and will give out. This contradict has kept me thinking. Then I realized the contradiction was in the two author's words, not God word and it was God's word I needed to focus on.

When Jonah found himself in very dire circumstance, he remembered the Lord. That is when he found new hope and strength. It wasn't a powerful reserve inside of himself, it was the Lord that strengthen him. When I feel that I can no longer carry this burdern of three children, I can call on the Lord. When I feel like a don't have one ounce of patience left, I can call on the Lord. When I'm ready to give up, I can call on the Lord. Our faith in God's strength can prevent us from fainting into despair, quitting, worry, and frustration.

God's strength is made perfect when we are weakest in body and soul. Praise God

No comments:

Post a Comment