Friday, March 18, 2011

Don't Be Afraid

Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, its water roar adn foam and the mountains quake with their surging. (Pslam 462,3)

This passage really makes me think of Japan right now. Their earth did give way and their see did roar. They are facing utter devastation. I haven't really even stopped to think "what if that were me?" Now that I have I can't imagine the fear that these people must be feeling. We had a house fire a few years ago. It was a very overwhelming feeling. I think the people in Japan must be feeling that 100 fold. We may not of had a fridge or stove for a week, but we had restaurants. We may not of had a roof over our head, but we had a hotel. The Japanese are fearing for their basic neccesities in a way I never have had to.

Where is God during all of this? He is walking by our sides (or even carrying us) when we call on him. He is our resting place, he is our strength, he is our comfort when we can take no more. When Gianna was born 9 weeks early, I was completely overwhelmed with fear and "what-ifs" I was terrified I would lose another child. My first night in the hospital waiting for events to play out was one of the longest nights of my life. In spite of medication that was supposed to knock me out, I was awake all night long. When I thought I could take no more, I prayed that God would take this situation. It was his ball to run. Whatever the outcome, the Glory was His. It was one of the most terrible nights I have endured and one of the most beautiful at the same time. My daughter was born at 3lbs, 3oz. She needed no supplemental oxygen at her birth or in the NICU. Her doctor said she was his favorite patient. When I asked why, he said that she was one of the easiest preemies he had ever had. We had prayer from coast to coast, north to south and two foreign countries. God is soooooo good! We walked through this valley with us and He brought us through.

No comments:

Post a Comment