(The Lord) hath sent me . . . to proclaim the year of the Lords's favor and they day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion -to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. (isaiah 612,3)
Fortify means strengthen. So if God is a Fortifier, he is a strengthener. So when I find myself with an empty gas tank, i can call to Jesus, because my strength doesn't come from within, it comes from Christ.
The last part of the verse struck me the most. God wants to give a us a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair! How wonderful. My husband and I have faced many crisis, a crippling car accident, house fireS, premature birth, taking unexpected custody of our grandkids. In these times we have praised God instead of despaired. Now I know where the praise come from! God equipped us to do it. Wow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment