I know that my Redemmer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. After my skin has been destoyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes -- I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me! (Job 19:25-27)
This is new to me. The words of the meditation suggest that when we are suffering that we focus on the resurrection of Christ. Wow! I had never, ever thought of this before. Maybe I am too focused on the here and now and not the beauty of our lives after death.
I do not fear death, (Only the repercussion my death may have on my little girl and husband) because I know of Christ's awesome promise of life with Him because he defeated death.
Another verse:"I consider our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. " Romans 8:18
Wow! This time of trial will seem as nothing when we are in Glory of God! This reminds me of when Gianna was in the NICU. At the time it seemed a tremendous trial and was so overwhelming, but today it seems like such a brief time and I wonder why we were so worried.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment